(A note inspired by a Facebook post of Yemane Mitiku)
The people in social media and beyond are perplexed about what is going on within EPRDF. Almost all assumptions are made based on the news that reached the public from what is happening behind closed doors. However, it can be reached at a point where we can be sure there is internal struggle which is manifested in a lot of issues that resulted in personal cults of team Lemma Megersa of OPDO and sometimes Gedu Andargachew of ANDM. Herebelow, I put what I have observed from commentators why people appreciate the sensational progress OPDO in standing against widely accepted TPLF's supremacy as well as why they reject it.
Who Rejects Team Lemma and Why?
1. Those cadres who want to protect TPLF's supremacy within EPRDF and the Federal State;
2. Those OPDO cadres who want to submit to TPLF and replace current leaders of OPDO;
3. Those activists who don't know political games apart from their hates to a group and affection to the other;
4. Those people who want to be champions of the other possibility - to say "I told you so" in any case when TPLF wins over OPDO;
5. Those people who honor TPLF/EPRDF more than it deserves to be - these people think every complicated step is a designed conspiracy by TPLF/EPRDF as if it (TPLF) had been using well designed strategies to suppress dissents previously instead of using violence;
6. Those opposition groups and figures who think change can only be possible through their touches and blessings; and,
7. Those people who think the way to change is black and white, as if one way or no way is the solution and as if there is no evolutionary way nor alternative ways exist to make changes.
Who Romanticizes Team Lemma and Why?